As a Children’s Lead Bookseller, you are responsible for providing exceptional customer service through our four core service principles. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge about our products and services and meeting the needs of the customer. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
How To Apply
- Deliver exceptional customer service that ensures sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Execute on the four core service principles: put the book in the customer’s hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and fast cashiering.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers, proactively engaging them in conversations about all our products, services (including Kids Club) and promotions to determine their needs and recommend the right product.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales by recognizing trends and communicating in-stock positions to management through shortlisting local interest and top-performing titles and products.
- Ensure all customer transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Share expert knowledge and enthusiasm of the specialty area that connect the customer with the right solutions or products.
- Promote company programs and initiatives, including Kids Club and promotional products.
- Respond to customer’s concerns and questions, and secure the sale.
- Ensure that products are put on the selling floor when received, identifying, organizing, shelving, and zoning in accordance with operational, visual merchandising standards and shelving guidelines.
- Recover the selling floor during each shift, by gathering and restocking items, straightening bookcases, maintaining tables in the Café, maintaining restroom cleanliness, and performing other store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Support business development sales and in-store events
- Protect company assets by adhering to all inventory and loss prevention standards, properly completing any inventories and initiatives.
- Mentor and help orient and train new booksellers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
- Assist in any area of the store as needed.
- Passion for selling
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
- Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs